Monday, 9 April 2012

Quick painting update!

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not posting for a while. I have been busy doing a bit of painting recently and have changed the colour scheme again! Let me know your thoughts! :-)


Raek.












Forsaken






Bolt Thrower




Scythean




Groupshot!





I havent had chance to get many games in recently, but I have been spending some time list building for the Welsh Open. One list that I tested out was the following:

Vayl, Disciple of Everblight (*6pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Typhon (12pts)
Blighted Nyss Raptors (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Striders (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Blighted Nyss Striders Officer & Musician (3pts)
Annyssa Ryvaal, Talon of Everblight (4pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
2 Spell Martyrs (2pts)

It went quite well but lost to the scenario against eDenny! Vayl seems to be a very strong warlock with lots of potential. A few things I felt were missing in the list particularly the lack of Tenacity even though there is Excessive Healing in the list. I also felt that I lacked the Seraph for its animus as I noticed a couple occassions at least where it would have been great- at one stage the Angelius was being engaged by some Banes and could have taken a couple of freestrikes, but the slipstream animus would have solved that problem.
The other thing that slightly bothered me was having Annyssa in this list as I am likely to take eLylyth as another warlock and I feel she works better in that list. Having two characters in one list was slightly on my mind too!

After some feedback I have come up with the following list:

Vayl, Disciple of Everblight (*6pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Seraph (8pts)
* Typhon (12pts)
Blighted Nyss Raptors (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

Im hoping to test it out at some point during the next week! I am conscious though of the low model count; great for Vayl's feat but not so good against quite an infantry heavy meta.


Designing three lists events is actually proving to be a challenge. Im so far thinking that pVayl is a definite, but the following are also some ideas:

1. pVayl, Saeryn, eLylyth
2. pVayl, eThags, eLylyth
3. pVayl, Saeryn, eThags

 I am really keen on taking eThags as I worry that eLylyth is not able to be the all-round list that I like to make. I do wonder though if Kallus maybe a good option.



Watch this space!

Claire.

 


3 comments:

  1. Stunning looking minis Claire.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the colour scheme. Excellent paintjob.

    ReplyDelete