Wednesday, 15 February 2012

A random gaming update.

I have been putting together some lists for SmogCon, starting with my first hardcore list.

Thagrosh, the Messiah (*3pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Bayal, Hound of Everblight (3pts)
Blighted Nyss Striders (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Blighted Nyss Striders Officer & Musician (3pts)
1 Spell Martyr (1pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)


I have wanted to take eLylyth but I figured she is quite well known on the hardcore scene. I think as well once her feat is over, yes she is still amazing, but she loses the wow factor once the beasts get engaged. My main concern is that with a fury stat of 5, I would need Shepherds and Forsaken- preferably Shepherds for their beast master ability. More experienced opponents would take these key solos out first, especially if, for example, the terrain wasnt in my favour.
So I then asked myself why I like Lylyth lists...and it has to be the Ravagore. So I thought about a warlock that can fend for themselves a little bit. Obviously, Thagrosh was the key choice. My reasoning behind epic Thagrosh was that the Manifest Destiny spell would really help the Ravagores at mat 5. The Carnivean is there for his abilities and animus, Striders and UA for their high def and shooting power, Spell Martyr for any lucky Scourge spells and the Hex Hunters for their magical weapons and hex bolt.
Im still not sure about the fury management  and the lack of Scythean but I think the Carnivean is better than the Scythean. I have only had the one game so far which was against the Witch Coven. I won on caster kill but it was an intense game! Unfortunately for Richard, I think Legion is probably the Coven's most difficult match-up.



Thagrosh therefore deserved a new paint job, so I stripped him and repainted him! Hope you like the final result!





We also went to the first training evening at Iron Haven Games in preparation for the ETC. It went well and my game was a grudge match against Simon with his Cryx! He was using Scaverous which was good as I have only had one game against Scaverous before. I should have used the Carnivean's animus a lot more and would have actually scored a few scenario points if I had read the scenario properly! It was a good game though which ended with the Ravagore killing Scaverous in melee. The actual win conditions though were if we both learnt two things during the game, it was a double win...so a double win it was!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment