Wednesday, 15 February 2012

PAW 2012

Hello,

The weekend of 5th February was Plymouth Association of Wargamers (PAW) wargaming show 2012. They held their first Warmachine/ Hordes Tournament on the Sunday consisting of 2 lists at 25 points.

My lists were as follows:

Absylonia, Terror of Everblight (*5pts)
* Raek (4pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)


Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)



Game one: Kill Box
Opponent: Rich (not my fiance!) playing Cryx using eSkarre.









 










 


 




 




This was a long game! *The three Cryx jacks in the bottom picture were all dead.

For a few turns it felt like I was held up- one turn my opponent barely moved his army at all. Another turn was held up by Thagrosh's inability to kill the Stalker in one turn....dice rolls....grrr. If he had done this he could have been up the table quicker hopefully getting at least one Obliteration onto the Satyxis Raiders to try and get rid of the UA. Skarre's feat is great but it also completely restricted my two heavies for a turn. The worse thing though was Skarre charged the Carnivean to try and kill it- she failed, and then time was called! Gutted! The Carni would have quite likely killed her the next turn.
On the whole the army did well, but I was just lacking in numbers/ attacks. The gators having two attacks each just wasnt enough but I was reluctant to put the Carnivean into them, especially with their mini-feat.



Game two: Destruction.
Opponent: Paul playing Mercs using Gorten. 


 






* Forgot to take the rest of the pictures here but basically the remaining gator activated, Scythean charged Gorten using its reach doing most of the damage. Carnivean then trampled over the Forge Guard surviving the freestrikes into Gorten. With Draconic Blessing on him, he was at +1 to the damage roll.
A win! This game was very good. The spray on the Carni was effective and I got the most out of the gators due to them being living models and being able to out-threat.



Game three: Incursion.
Opponent: Guy using Legion with pThags!

















This game was very good and could have gone either way really. It ended by me killing the Typhon and running Absylonia over for the third scenario point. I messed up my activation by not healing the Scythean so he failed to kill Thagrosh, but a scenario win for me. The raek vs raek was amusing! But I made good use of the Blight Field spell which caused Guy's Raek to have to step away from the objective to try and kill my Raek. I did find though the 12" control area was very difficult with this stretched out scenario.




 
Game Four.
Scenario: Gaunlet vs Khador.











What a horrible list to face! Butcher's army was very heavy hitting, surprise surprise, but I made a few mistakes in this game. I ran too far up the table in the first turn putting some within Khador's threat range. I also didnt utilise defence bonuses which would have allowed my guys to be a lot more survivable. I also had to try it, so I charged the Angelius into Butcher leaving him on one point!! As you can guess, Abby died on the next turn. One point left....grrr!


It was a great day and my other half got a well earned second and I came 4th overall!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment